Did you miss the Dr. Oz Show September 30 2013, The new super berry is talk today with Dr. Oz. White Mulberry and all the benefits of this wonderful little gift of nature.
White Mulberry: Today we got all the facts about this new superfood White Mulberries, Dr. Oz September 30 2013: White Mulberry may help lower blood sugar and protect your heart. There is compound called 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ) found in mulberry leaves is thought to inhibit sugar digestion so that most sugar is not absorbed into the bloodstream and is instead excreted. This means that White Mulberry for weight loss!
If you want to control your blood sugar and help your heart at the same time, this power packed berry is just the supplement to have.
Dr Oz: White Mulberry Extract For Weight LossWhite Mulberry Extract is known to stabilize blood sugar levels and thus reduces sugar cravings which means the end result of losing weight. Studies have been done on the effects of mulberries on blood sugar, insulin and fat burning. It turns out that mulberry leads to a lower secretion of insulin after eating of carbohydrates, which helps to burn stored fat better and also reduces fat storage.
Dr Oz: White Mulberry Helps Prevent Diabetes
Dried white mulberries are the tasty new health sensation that's about to sweep the country. The white mulberry leaves may help prevent diabetes.
Dr Oz: White Mulberries and Mulberry LeavesHere is the benefits of White Mulberry Dr. Oz shared with us today!
- While many dried fruits contain 30 to 40 grams of sugar (more sugar than a candy bar!), dried mulberries contain less than half the amount of sugar found in raisins and significantly less than dried figs, cranberries, bananas, pineapples, mangos and dates.
- Even though they're lighter in sugar, these little berries are sweet, with a taste similar to fig and a consistency like a raisin.
- The berries pack a powerful antioxidant punch thanks to phenols that help neutralize damaging free radicals.
- Studies suggest that the antioxidants in white mulberries may help protect the heart against damage from some toxins.
- The berries are also a great source of protein, containing 4 grams of protein in just 1/3 of a cup.
- The impressive amount of fiber found in mulberries can help lower your cholesterol and regulate your digestion. You can get 20% of your daily fiber needs in just 1/3 of a cup!
- Watching your weight? No need to worry – mulberries have no saturated fat.
- The white mulberry leaves may help prevent diabetes.
- A compound called 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ) found in mulberry leaves is thought to inhibit sugar digestion so that most sugar is not absorbed into the bloodstream and is instead excreted.
- Studies suggest DNJ helps prevent spikes in blood sugar. You can drink mulberry leaf tea with your meals to help control blood sugar and possibly prevent diabetes.
- You can find inexpensive pure mulberry tea or "sugar controller" or mixed leaf teas that contain mulberry leaves online or in your health food store.