Dr Oz Ultimate Countdown - 6 Biggest Risks For Cancer
Cancer Risks; Super Foods; Fatigue Fighters; Alternative Medicines
Today On Dr. Oz he does one of his many countdowns, here is the today's Ultimate Countdown.
- Dr Oz 6 cancer risks - 6 Major Cancer Risks - 6 cancer-causers you need to know about.
- Dr Oz 5 super foods - 5 New Super foods - 5 foods are are anti-agers, immune boosters and cancer-fighters.
- Dr Oz 4 fatigue fighters -
4 Fatigue Fighters - 4 secret weapons to combat his #1 complaint: fatigue.
- Dr Oz 3 things to look younger -
3 Ways To Look Younger - Age is becoming a treatable condition? Dr. Oz shares 3 anti-aging secrets!
- Dr Oz 2 alternative medicine secrets -
2 Alternative Medicine Health Secrets - Dr. Oz shares 2 alternative medicine secrets that he's vowed to try this year - Himalayan salt Inhaler and The Inversion Table.
- Dr Oz #1 supplement you must take this year - Number One Supplements Omega 3's
From sunlight to a lack of fiber, Dr. Oz reveals 6 major causes of cancer – and how to reduce your risk.
Dr Oz 6 Serious Risk Factors For Cancer
Learn the 6 leading risk factors for developing cancer and assess your cancer risk.
6. Unhealthy Lifestyle Behaviours
Smoking Tobacco - increases the risk for at least 15 different cancers including lung, mouth, tongue, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas.
Alcohol Consumption - alcoholic beverages can increase the risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, breast, colon and liver.
Risky Sexual Behavior - human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is the cause of almost all cervical cancers and some cancers of the anus, vagina, vulva, penis, mouth and throat. Hepatitis B and C infections can cause liver cancer, and people infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) are at greater risk of lymphoma and Kaposi's sarcoma.
5. Too Little or Too Much Sunlight - Dr Oz says too much ultraviolet radiation (UVA and UVB rays) can cause melanoma and other types of skin cancer. And not enough sunlight can cause vitamin D deficiency, a recently proposed suspect in cancer of the colon, rectum and pancreas. Take a daily vitamin D supplement especially if you spend a long time indoors or measure deficient on blood tests
4. High-Fat, Low-Fiber Diet - Dr Oz says diets that are high in fat – particularly saturated fat, or low in fiber, have an increased risk of cancers of the colon, uterus and prostate. Diets high in fat may also contribute to obesity, another major risk factor for cancer. Eat no more than 30% of daily calories from fat and choose foods that contain unsaturated fat vs. saturated or trans fats. Eat foods and high in fiber such as whole grains
3. High Body Mass Index - Dr Oz said the higher the BMI, the higher the death rates for all cancers, particularly esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, liver cancer, gallbladder cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and leukemia. If a person has a BMI of 40 or higher the death rate from cancer is increased substantially – by 52% in men and 62% in women when compared to people of normal weight.
2. Family History of Cancer - Family history is one of those risk factors that we can do absolutely nothing about, but knowing what you might be up against is key to a plan of protection.
1. Age - Cancer can occur at any age, most cancers are diagnosed in people older than 65, when cells begin to deteriorate and the natural protective mechanisms begin to fail.
Dr. Oz 5 Superfoods To Eat Nowsome cultures live longer and healthier with lower rates of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s? The answer may simply be the foods they eat every day.
1. Sweet Potato - Women of Okinawa, Japan eat a purple sweet potato they call Imo every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rich in beta-carotene and boasting 150% more antioxidants than blueberries, this easy-to-make treat can be simply incorporated into an American diet. And, if you can’t find Imo specifically, our orange sweet potatoes pack a similarly healthful wallop.
2. Turmeric Tea - Women of Okinawa drink this spice in tea daily,and they have one-fifth the rate of breast cancer than their American counterparts. turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that can help fight cancer.
3. Mangosteen - inside the mangosteen fruit thick purple rind is a white, creamy flesh full of vitamins A and C as well as cancer-fighting antioxidants. There is Mangosteen fruit to choose from, the juice of the mangosteen, which is more widely available, is the next best thing. This is also available in tea form.
4. Greek Greens - Mustard Greens - "The Blue Zone" In Icaria, Greece, 1 in 3 people lives to the age of 90. There are no reported cases of Alzheimer’s disease in Icaria, Greece. Mustard greens are high in vitamin K (most Americans are deficient in this nutrient), the spicy greens are good for your blood and bone strength. The Icarians boil mustard greens and then toss with a little virgin olive oil and lemon.
5. Barramundi Fish - Barramundi Fish is full of heart and brain-healthy omega-3s, the Barramundi, which is becoming more popular in the US, is a shoe-in for one of the top 5 superfoods. Free of mercury, Barramundi dines on plankton, not mercury-packed smaller fish and has extremely low levels of the toxin, which is especially important for pregnant women.
Four Secret Fatigue FightersDr. Oz talked on fatigue and exhaustion in this segment as the number 4 Ultimate Health Countdown. There are 4 ways to fight fatigue, and his 4 fatigue fighters are;
1. Try d-ribose powder; D-Ribose: is a low-calorie and sugar-like substance, which can be taken in pill or powder form, can give your body a boost of energy.
2. Take a Multivitamin: A multivitamin will counter-effect the sleepy and lethargic feeling you get after eating a heavy meal.
3. Get a Lemon Lift: Smell a slice of lemon or rub lemon oil on your skin to awaken the senses.
4. Loose the Snooze: Loose the Snooze. Set the alarm for the time you need to get up – and then get up! Hitting the snooze button doesn’t provide you with any restorative sleep.
Dr. Oz's Three Ways To Look Younger
Dr. Oz shares 3 ways that you can fight the aging process, and it all starts at home, with 3 simple fool proof remedies.
1. Dr. Oz's number one thing to keep your skin looking younger has do with how you sleep. Use a 1 Micron Pillow Case that fights inhalation of dust mites and their fecal matter, plus it will cause swelling of your face. In addition, sleep on your back so your face isn’t fighting gravity to prevent wrinkles.
2. Moisturizer - Wear a mega-moisturizer containing glycerin that locks in moisture. Glycerin based moisturizers creates a barrier to lock in the moisture. Glycerin pulls moisture from the deep part of the skin up to the surface to help.
3. The Sun - The sun is the number one ager of our skin, and the left side of our body ages faster, higher risk of skin damage. Wear SPF 30 sunscreen every day, even when you don’t feel like you’re going to be outside all day.
The left side of the body ages faster and is more likely to develop cancer due to prolonged exposure from driving a car!
DR. Oz 2 Alternative Health SecretsDr. Oz vows to try these 2 alternative health secrets this year. Kelly joined Dr. Oz in this segment and it pretty amusing watching Kelly and Dr. oz trying the two out. Kelly tried a product that Dr. Oz has been curious about for years, and it is The Himalayan Salt. The Himilayan salt is placed into a container and you suck on the spout. Dr. Oz and kelly both agreed it gives you a funny high, so she did it a couple more times. These Himalayan salts are so pure, and have potassium in them.
The #2 health alternative that Dr. Oz says he is going to try this year was the Inversion Table Of course he put Kelly on the Inversion Table first. The health benefits of the Inversion Table are; It is used for the lower back inversion therapy to stretch out the back, it allows blood flow to the head which is important for it will stimulate dopamine, serotonin, which are mood boosting hormones. This piece of equipment you can get as ow as the 100.00 range. Dr, Oz shows in the video how you can use your chair for now, which is what he does at home sometimes.
Himalayan crystal salt inhaler - This salt is all-natural and pollutant-free. It helps with allergies, sinus infections and breathing difficulties.
Inversion Table - A $100 piece of equipment that increases blood flow to the head and the release of serotonin and endorphins.