Fighting Panic Attacks Get tips on how to prevent the terrifying symptoms of a panic attack. Dr. Oz reveals how to tell if your anxiety is more than a panic attack.
4 Deadly Conditions Doctor's Often Miss
DEADLY PANIC ATTACKS: HOW TO TELL IF YOUR ANXIETY IS SERIOUS
400 Pound Mom Stress Eater; A Dr. Oz intervention with a 400-pound woman.
Allergies and the three warning signs of Food Allergies. Food Allergy Warnings
Dr. Oz is revealing the 3 most common warning signs of food allergies.
Panic Attacks - Feelings of intense fear that develops for no apparent reason that triggers severe physical reactions. Dr. Oz explained today that not always are these symptoms of a panic attack, it could be symptoms of a significant undiagnosed medical problem. Sudden rushes of fear or anxiety could be one of the 4 medical conditions causing your panic attacks.
The 4 deadly conditions that Doctors often miss on the Dr. Oz Show today were;
Each one of the stories these women were put on Antidepressants diagnosed with stress which were leading to panic attacks.
1. Jennifer's Story - Graves Disease(Hypothyroidism) not panic attacks. Racing heart, hot and irritable, dizzy, sweating, vomiting and trembling. Told she was having a panic attack at the hospital and sent her home. When it happened again she was told she had a panic disorder and needed councilling. Dr. Oz did a test we can all do by looking down and making sure you cannot see the whites of eyes. Read More On Graves Disease(Hypothyrodism) Symtoms.
2. Linda's Story - Pheochromocytoma (Adrenal Tumour) which grows on the Adrenal Gland and secretes a hormone epinephrine. Linda's symptoms were that she suffered from high blood pressure, horrible migraines, intense sweats, severe hot flashes throughout the day and night, and her hands trembled uncontrollably so that she couldn't even pick up her coffee cup. She had a tumour on her Adrenal Gland. Adrenaline is the "fight or flight" hormone. Read More On Pheochromocytoma Symptoms
3. Kelly's Story - Mitral Valve Prolapse - For 8 years Kelly would have attacks of gasping for breath, and was diagnosed as having an asthma attack at first, then afterwards diagnosed as having panic attacks. Her heart was constantly racing, and always short of breath, and a constant sense of impending doom.
Kelly suffers from Mitral valve prolapse - Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) occurs when the valve between your heart's left upper chamber (left atrium) and the left lower chamber (left ventricle) doesn't close properly. Read More On Mitral Valve Prolapse Symptoms .
4. Acid Reflux Gerd - Dr. leigh Vinocur had this problem - she was also diagnosed with a Panic disorder.
Dr. Oz And Jennifer 400 Pound Stress Eater
Dr. Oz And Jennifer who is almost 400 pounds, sat on stage today with Dr. Susan Albers. Jennifer told her story of not being able to even go into plus size stores to buy clothes because they would not fit her. She claims to have tried every single diet out there, lose 100 pounds but would gain it back every time. She said she eats when she's bored, eat when she's stressed or preoccupied. She eats whats easy and convenient. Her downfalls are breakfast carbs. Jennifer is a morbidly obese mom is at a crossroads in her life to committing to losing the weight, or she goes for gastric bypass surgery.
Jennifer's Truth Tube Numbers Were;
Waist Size 54 inches
Neck Size 16 1/2
Joint Pain - Yes
Jennifer's Stress Eating Plan
1. Breakfast - Quit the sweets and have whole grain english muffins with peanut butter
2. Snack Kit - This snack kit consists of a massage ball and gum. Dr. Oz's suggestions for Jennifer's snacks were granola, baked crisps and popcorn, and keep it with her wherever she goes.
3. Micro Dinners
Dinner on a Dime
Dr. Oz enlists Chef Charles Mattocks the poor chef to serve up a healthy, affordable meal. How to prepare a healthy dinner on the cheap side.
4. Sunrise Breathing Exercises - When jennifer gets the urge to eat she is to this To do this 5 times and ask herself again does she really want that snack.
Dr. Michael Roizen from the Cleveland Clinic will be directing Jennifer every step of the way just like he has with Rocco and Tyronne on their 28 Day Challenge.
The Warning Signs Of Food Allergies Anaphylactic Reaction
This segment of the Dr. Oz show talks about the dangers and deadly reactions of food allergies and anaphylaxis - anaphylactic reaction. He goes over the three most common warning signs of food allergies that could save your life. In this video Dr. Oz explains how our cells release a histamine - allergic reaction to substance or food and why we get hives, etc.
Three Warning Signs of Food Allergies:
1. Skin irritation
2. Tingling in your mouth
3. Swelling in the throat and difficulty breathing
5 Foods that Most Commonly Cause Allergic Reactions:
Dr. Oz and Chef Charles Mattocks(chef and cookbook author)do up some healthy and affordable meals. Today they made an inexpensive meal to feed 4 with an upside down casserole.
1. Olive oil
2. Onions which cost him .50 cents,
3. Lean turkey meat which cost him 2.93 for 1/2 pound
4. Tomato puree which cost him 1.05
5. Worcestershire sauce - 1.19
6. Low fat biscuits - 1.25
Total cost of this Dinner On A Dime Upside Down Casserole Recipe is 6.92
Dr. Oz's tips for the day are;
1. Cut down on sweets at breakfast by replacing those high sugar doughnuts with whole grain english muffins.
2. Food Allergies can be deadly, if you or a family member suffer from allergies, keep an EPI Pen on hand and learn how to use a Epi Penin case of an attack.
3. Try planning out your meals ahead of time by doing research to keep healthy eating easy and inexpensive.