Amy, A viewer who was inspired by "Oz Wellness Warrior," Nancy, returns for an update. The #1 cancer killer doctors are missing: skin cancer. Plus, the seeds you should not live without.
Learn How To Detect Skin Cancer Yourself
Prevent Skin Cancer
It's the #1 cancer doctors are missing. Learn how to detect it yourself. Dr. Oz's System for Identifying Melanoma, it is the number 1 cause of cancer that Doctor's are not trained to catch. But today Dr. oz shows us how we can find it ourselves.
Christine joined dr. Oz on the stage today, she has a mole which she noticed a couple of months ago on the back of her shoulders. This is where Dr. Oz shows us the ABCDE system for looking for Melanoma skin cancer.
1. Asymmetry; Benign - malignant
2. Border Irregularity
4. Diameter; size less than 6 millimeters, the size of the eraser of a pencil
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi joined Dr. Oz in this video to explain how using mirrors and checking the size of moles on a regular basis can save you from skin cancer.
Amy's Weight Loss StoryAfter losing 200 pounds following Dr. Oz's YOU on a Diet plan, Nancy returns to help Amy, a woman desparate to kick her food addiction and start a family.
This video is from the first time Amy Appeared on Dr. Oz
Amy's weight loss secret was having an automated eating plan and exercise. Her waist size went from 61 inches to 52 inches. She weighed 364 pounds, and today she weighed in on the truth tube at 316 pounds. Amy lost 48 LBS. so far. The exciting part of Amy's progress is she now finally having a menstrual cycle, she has had two since the 10 weeks on her weight loss program.
Although Amy did a 5 K run, Dr. Oz wanted her to be exercising more now, and presented her with her very own elliptical.
Amy's Weight Loss Recipe Ingredients
Raspberry, Blueberry & Almond Sherbet
6 oz frozen organic unsweetened raspberries
6 oz frozen organic unsweetened blueberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup nonfat organic milk (rice or soy milk is fine as well)
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp fresh sqeezed lemon juice
1 tsp almond extract
Place all Ingredients except almonds in a food processor and blend until smooth. Once completely blended, fold in almonds. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and fold to add a little air into the sherbert and place back into freezer. Freeze for 2 hours before serving! Enjoy! Makes 4 under-200-calorie desserts!
Spinach Sautee Recipe
Fresh (or frozen spinach)
Diced chicken breast
Dash of garlic
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 apple, chopped
Sautee until done and enjoy! Season with garlic salt and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper.
The Power of Seeds
Seeds, the power plant of nutrition - Seeds Dr. Oz says we should all have in our pantry. The 7 seeds dr. Oz talked about today were sunflowers, sesame, hemp, pumpkin, poppy, chia and flax seeds.
1. Sunflower Seeds - 1/4 cups of sunflower seeds provides 82% of Vitamin E. Sunflower seeds reduce blood pressure and contain magnesium
2. Sesame Seeds- source of Vitamin E, is believed to prevent high blood pressure and protect the liver against damage. Half cup of sesame seeds contains 3 times more calcium than half cup of whole milk.
3. Hemp Seeds are full of protein, you can eat them whole or hulled, but hemp provides more fibre when consumed in the shell. Hemp comes from the same plant as marijuana. Dr. Oz had clue for this game was that Hippie's love them, Hemp seeds don't make you high.
4. Pumpkin Seeds are full of magnesium, 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds contains 92% of your daily value of magnesium. Prevention of Osteoporosis
Because they are high in zinc, pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis. Improved Bladder Function, Prostate Protection
They promote overall prostate health and alleviate the difficult urination associated with an enlarged prostate. Natural Anti-Inflammatory
Pumpkin seeds effectively reduce inflammation without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
5. Poppy Seeds - These seeds are also good sources of fatty acids, especially the omega-3 fatty acids, which are required by human body to ensure good health. The presence of linoleic acid in poppy seeds protect human body from heart attacks and other heart disorders. The oil made from poppy seeds is helpful in treating breast cancer, as it contains oleic acid.
6. Chia Seeds - The Chia Seed is considered one of nature’s most perfect foods. Gram for gram, Chia Seeds contains more omega-3 fatty acids than flaxseed, more fibre than bran, more protein than soy, more calcium than milk, more potassium than bananas, more iron than spinach, and more antioxidants than blueberries.
Chia seeds are also used for weight loss. 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds to your daily diet will give you approximately
7 grams of dietary fiber, 4 grams of protein, 205 milligrams of calcium, vitamins and minerals ( A, B, E, and D, and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, iron, iodine, copper, zinc, sodium, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine, silicon, and anti-oxidants), and 5.2 grams of omega-3 and 1.7 grams of omega-6.
7. Flax Seeds - Flax can be used to decrease hot flash symptoms, and breast pain. Flax is also used as a laxative. helps people who suffer from heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Dr. Oz says you need to grind the flax seeds to get the oils in your body and gets the benefits of flax seeds.