Learn when lasting pain could be a symptom of the disease you fear most.
Could your unexplained pain be the disease you fear most? 5 pains that could mean cancer. The 5 Deadly Cancers, Know The Warning Signs.
Puberty Returns Perimenopause; Women 40+ can experience puberty twice! Learn to combat your hormones.
Beat the Winter Blues; Get through the dark winter days with 5 tips to beat the winter blues.
Dr Oz Cancer Pain;
"Whatever the reason for pain, it should never be neglected because it speaks volumes. In particular, pain that lasts for more than two weeks, or intensifies over time, can signal something sinister is at work, such as cancer. Knowing what to pay attention to can convince you to go to the doctor sooner, when early diagnosis and treatment can do the most good."Not all cancers cause pain, and the absence of pain doesn't rule out cancer. But pain is noteworthy, whether it is slight or strong. Cancer pain also depends on how much room there is for the tumor to expand. So if a tumor is hemmed in the brain, pain might be experienced sooner than tumors in the belly, where it has more space to grow and spread.
When a tumor is growing it can compress, irritate, block or destroy any tissue, tubes, ducts or blood vessels in the vicinity. Nearby nerves are stimulated and a flow of information travels along nerve pathways up to the brain where pain is perceived. The characteristics of cancer pain – whether it is dull, sharp, aching or burning – depend on the nerve pathway that is stimulated and how fast the signals are transmitted.
Dr. Oz's 5 Pains That Could be Cancer
1. Chest Pain; Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in both men and women. Although smoking greatly increases the risk, lung cancer can also occur in people who have never smoked, particularly women.
1st Deadliest Cancer - Lung Cancer & Symptoms: Pain in the chest, chronic cough, coughing up of blood, shortness of breath, wheezing, hoarseness and weight loss can be a sign of lung cancer.
2. Abdominal Pain; Pain in the abdomen can be caused by a number of illnesses including colon cancer, defined by tumors of the large intestines. people with colon cancer experience changes in bowel performance. Screening colonoscopy can visualize precancerous polyps that occupy the colon and doctors can remove them before they advance to cancer.
2nd Deadliest Cancer Colon Cancer & Symptoms: Abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, blood in stool, rectal bleeding and difficulty passing stool, change in stool consistency and weight loss can be a sign of colon cancer.
3. Pelvic Pain; The pelvic region contains some reproductive and urinary tract organs, such as the uterus, ovaries and bladder. Pelvic pain, cramping and bloating as part of the normal menstrual cycle, but it can also point to cancer of the ovaries. Problems with ovarian cancer is that pain usually appears late in the disease because the ovaries on each side of the uterus have a spacious cavity to grow in, and painful symptoms only appear when the tumors enlarge.
Third Deadliest Cancer Ovarian Cancer & Symptoms: Pelvic, abdominal or lower back pain, bladder pressure, changes in urinary bowel patterns, bloating, fullness and weight loss can be a sign of ovarian cancer.
4. Head Pain; The brain is contained in the skull, so when tumors invade there is no place for the brain to expand. The tumor impinges on the tissue and fluid inside of the brain is unable to drain naturally.
Fourth Deadliest Cancer Brain Cancer And Symptoms: Chronic early morning headache, or one that wakes you from sleep, that is also associated with nausea, vomiting, changes in sensation, vision, speech or balance, can be a sign of a brain tumor.
5. Bone Pain; Cancer can arise in bone or travel from another location in the body (metastasis). When cancer invades the dense matrix that makes bone hard, it weakens the structure and makes them more prone to fracture.
Fifth Deadliest Cancer Multiple Myeloma & Symptoms: Chronic bone pain, back pain, unexplained fractures, anemia, frequent infections, and fatigue can be a sign of multiple myeloma.
Report Pain to Your Doctor
The type of pain you experience can offer clues to its cause. Dr. Oz Says keep these factors in mind when describing your pain to your doctor.
1. Where the pain is located
2. When you first noticed the pain
3. What precipitated the pain
4. How long you have had the pain
5. How long the pain lasts when it comes
6. How often the pain occurs
7. What you do or take that makes it worse
8. What you do or take that makes it better
9. What it feels like – stabbing, throbbing, stinging etc.
10. What other symptoms you have, and what you think it is.
Dr. Oz's Signs And Solutions For Perimenopause Second Puberty
Dr. Oz focused this segment of the show to women over 40, changes in your skin, weight changes, hormone changes and female balding. Dr.Oz claims perimenopause could be second puberty. Dr. Oz talks about the tops signs of mid life puberty.
Also called perimenopause, this second onset of puberty can include changes to your hair, skin and weight. Dr. Oz shares the signs of, and solutions for, perimenopause.
Signs of perimenopause:
Changes in skin - Solution:
Dr Oz recommends Using moisturizers that contain Retinols. These are available over the counter and in prescription forms.
Weight Gain - Solutions:
Enjoy a healthy diet,regular exercise, and a daily dose of Vitamin D And Calcium.
Hair Changes - Solutions:
Women can take minoxidil, a medication originally indented to treat blood pressure and will regenerate hair loss. However, unwanted facial hair can also be a problem – and laser removal can help remove it.
Beat The Winter Blues
Here are 5 tips Dr. Oz recommends to help you get through the dark winter days and to beat the winter blues.
1. Peppermint oil – Peppermint oil helps with sadness, depression. Inhale a whiff to give you’re a burst of energy.
2. Florescent compact bulb – these bright lights can actual change the levels of melatonin in your brain inhibiting depression. They’re also very inexpensive!
3. Chili peppers – contain capsaicin, which boots your energy and can enhance your circulation.
4. Ginger tea – it boosts your metabolism, increasing weight loss!
5. Gingko biloba – makes you more alert and boosts your brain-power.