The preventions and solutions for female-pattern hair loss. "Healthword: Couples Edition."
In this segment Dr. Oz Show he discusses the top reasons why women lose their hair, and how hair loss can be both prevented and treated.
Normal daily hair loss is between 50 and 75 strands; if you’re losing more than this, it’s sign that something could be wrong. Dr oz talked about different solutions for hair loss for women and the one he thought was most effective was Hair Loss Powder for women.
Hair Loss Prevention
The 3 Styles That Damage Your Hair The Most Are;
1. Tight pony tail
2. Using curlers
Dr Oz goes on to say all these styles pull on the hair from the root and exacerbate the reasons women experience hair loss.
Dr Oz lists these as the 4 most common types of female hair loss:
(a) Female pattern hair loss – this is a permanent, and often genetic, form of hair loss
(b) Telogen effluvium – this type of hair loss is temporary and occurs suddenly, most often after a significant illness, emotional stress or pregnancy.
(c) Traction alopecia – bald patches that occur due to repeated use of the above listed hairstyles.
(d) Anagen effluvium – this is the name given for a very specific type of temporary hair loss caused by chemotherapeutic drugs.
Causes of Hair Loss
1. Poor nutrition – inadequate protein and iron can cause hair loss
2. Medications – certain drugs, like those used to treat gout, arthritis and heart problems can cause hair loss
3. Diseases – like diabetes and lupus
4. Hormonal changes – pregnancy, childbirth, the discontinuation of birth control pills and menopause can all trigger some hair loss
Hair Loss Treatments
1. Minoxidil (Rogaine) – studies suggest that this over-the-counter treatment may work better for men than for women
2. Lasers – used to stimulate the follicles of hair
3. Hair powder – a cost-effective and safe way to disguise hair loss, this is the one that Dr. Oz recommended.