TOXIC TRAVEL: DR. OZ REVEALS THE SHOCKING RESULTS - HIDDEN DANGERS OF AIRPORTS AND MOTELS AROUND THE COUNTRY
Gisela's 100 LB Weight Loss Plan Mother of two loses 100 lbs and shares her weight loss plan.
As Seen on TV products do they work? Ab Rocket - Tony Little Rock ’n Roll Stepper - Perfect Pushup.
Kitchen 911 - Dr. Oz's Mom joins him for how to survive the #1 kitchen accident.
Dr. Oz reveals the shocking hidden dangers of airports and hotels around the country
Dr. Oz tells us what to bring when traveling in the air;
Bring along sanitizing wipes.
Airplane bathrooms are some of the germiest places around. Wash your hands afterwards, use a paper towel to open the door when you leave, and then slap on hand sanitizer when you’re back in your seat.
For your immune system use American Ginseng , it is a promising botanical product used to ward off flu.
On a plane aim the air vent to blow directly over your chest for the best airflow to protect you from being exposed to an infection.
Know When To Check Out Of A Hotel Room After You Check In- And What To Check For1. Remove the bedspread of the hotel bed, it is rarely cleaned.
2. Check to the sheets, look for hairs, any other evidence they were used, If the sheets aren’t clean, ask for a new room.
3. Traces of bed bugs, if you find evidence of bed bugs, get a refund and find a new hotel. If one room has bed bugs, others will too.
4. Remote Control Device --use a chlorine antibacterial wipe and wiping down every button, crack, and crevice, spending extra time on the power button, which is touched the most.
4. The Filthy Carpet -- Only ever vacuumed, Bring slippers or flip-flops to protect your feet.
5. Don't drink out of the glass in the bathroom, and do not lay your razor down on the bare sink. Bathrooms are usually only wiped down with a towel.
Gisela's 100LB Weight Loss Plan
Gisela lost 100 pounds in the last year. She has been trying to lose weight for the last twenty years. Well she did it! She tells Dr. Oz and everyone watching how she did it.
When Gisela's marriage fell apart, and she became a single mom, that's when she started to fall apart. Last year Gisela weighed 265 pounds, and she hated the way she looked. Her doctor told her she was headed straight for heart disease. Gisela said that was her wakeup call. She took Dr. Oz's advice and started eating healthy, and walking 10,000 steps a day.
When she started out
Triglycerides were 291
Waist -- 51 inches
weight -- 275 lbs.
One year Later Gisela on the truth tube
Triglycerides are now 65
Waist is now 35 inches -- lost 16 inches of her waist
Weight is now 175, a weight loss of 100 pounds.
Her Dr. Oz real age now is 40 at 48
Her real age when was she 47 was 60
For breakfast Gisela has a Yogurt Parfait made with (Skyr, Icelandic Yogurt) plain unsweetened yogurt or Greek yogurt, with agave nectar over the yogurt, a layer of raspberries or blackberries, then sprinkled granola for the crunch, with flaxseeds or sliced almonds over the berries.
Another favourite dinner meal for Gisela when she started plateauing was Chicken with Porcini Mushrooms & Sweet Potato Rounds. She decided it was time to add protein in her diet, to lose those last pounds. Dr. Oz loved it! I think he loved her chocolate chip cookies even more. Gisela is really looking forward to her high school reunion
Gisela's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe On Dr. Oz Today2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, NOT instant)
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup tahini
4 tbsps butter substitute
1 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1 large egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Cook at 375 degrees Bake for 10-11 minutes to light golden brown.
As Seen On T.V. Infomericals
As Seen on TV products- do they work? Dr. Oz checked out these 3 today on the show
Ab Rocket, $100 -- Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer
is a chair with cylinders that adds resistance when you rock back and forth. Its major claim is that it will give you the body you've wanted in just 5 minutes a day.
Tony Little Rock ’n Roll Stepper, $80 -- The Tony Little's Rock 'n Roll Stepper with Workout DVD is a stair-stepper that rocks side-to-side. Its major claim is that it will give you a great butt, great legs and great weight loss.
Perfect Pushup, $40 -- Perfect Pushup Consumer Reports Health found that it was indeed a good upper-body workout for beginners and advanced exercisers who wanted to add variety to their pushup routine.
Kitchen 911 With Dr. Oz's Mom
With the help of a very special assistant of the day(Mom), Dr. Oz shows you how to treat – and prevent – cuts in the kitchen.
1. Wash with water immediately
2. Don't use soap to clean wounds
3. If cut is tiny, use eye drops, ice cubes or cayenne pepper to stop bleeding.
4. If cut is larger, apply pressure continuously for 10 minutes.
5. Gauzes previously only available to the military are now stocked in drugstores. They contain collagen and other matierals that quickly stop bleeding; pick some up if you are accident prone.
6. Determine if you need to go to the ER: if you can’t move finger in both directions, you’ve hit a nerve or tendon. If edges are gaping, you need stitches.
7. Dress the wound yourself.
8. Use a sharp knife
9. Stabilize cutting board with wet towel underneath, to stop it from slipping.
Dr. Oz's things to remember
1. Take a shot of American Ginseng for your immune system
2. When shaving Never let you blade touch the hotel sink, for if you get a little cut from the blade you are letting bacteria in.
3. Put a wet dish towel under your cutting board to stabilize it.
Dr. Oz As Seen On T.V. - Gisela's Weight Loss - Toxic Travel -- Daily health Web