10 COMMANDMENTS TO LOSE WEIGHT
Weight-Loss Rules; Pre-Packaged Foods Detox Finale; Earwax
Dr. Oz presents the Ten Commandments to losing weight. 28-day Detox finale: A mom returns after being free of pre-packaged foods. The life saving test every woman needs: Breast Exam. Earwax Do’s and dont's.
Dr Oz says it’s time to commit to 10 easy and basic rules for losing weight and keeping it off.
10 Wise Weight Rules
Thou shalt ward off the weight with Dr. Oz’s 10 commandments for weight loss, with the 10 new rules to fight fat.
1. Thou Shalt Not Wear Pants that Stretch - Your clothing is your early-warning system for weight gain. When it’s getting hard to snap your jeans, you know it’s time to be vigilant. Wearing stretchy clothes allows you to live in ignorance of how your body is growing, making it easier to pack on pounds without knowing it.
2. Thou Shalt Not Keep Bad Clothes in Your Closet - When you keep the clothes you wore at an unhealthy weight, it gives you a back-up plan if the pounds don’t come off. Instead, force yourself to stay on track by 86ing your “fat pants.” Send those fats pants, and clothes that are too big for you to Charities.
3. Thou Shalt Not Eat Meat That Walks on Four Legs More Than Once a Week - Meat that comes from an animal with 4 legs is higher in saturated fat (the unhealthy kind) than that which comes from 2-legged animals such as chickens, or animals with no legs, like fish. Dr Oz says women who eat large amounts of red meat more than once a week have a 50% higher chance of dying from heart disease and have higher cancer rates.
4. Thou Shalt Not Graze - Plan your meal before you open the refrigerator, get what you need, and close the door. Opening it throughout the day leads to impulsive choices and overeating.
5. Thou Shalt Not Eat After 7:30pm - When you eat late at night you are probably eating in front of the TV, and not paying attention to how much you’re putting in your mouth and you’re more likely to pick high-calorie snacks. Close the Kitchen!
6. Thou Shalt Not Pile Food More than 1 Inch High or Within 2 Inches of the Plate Edge - Larger portions equal more calories. Dr Oz always recommends using a 9 inch plate.
7. Thou Shalt Not Chew Food Less than 20 Times Per Bite - Chewing helps your body realize that you are eating, prompting it to create a sensation of fullness at the appropriate time. When you don’t chew enough, and you woof it down you get ahead of that process, eating well past when you are actually satisfied.
8. Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Plate - By snacking and picking at others plates and snacks, you will add on 1,000 calories easy.
9. Thou Shalt Not Carry Small Bills - impulsive, calorie-loaded afternoon slip ups at the vending machines.
10. Thou Shalt Not Eat While Standing Up - Eating sitting down enables you to be aware of what you’re eating and eat it slowly so that your body can tell you your full before it’s too late.
Dr Oz How To Do A Self Breast ExamAre you doing your breast self-exam correctly? Dr oz says a thorough breast self-exam should be done once a month; spend 8 minutes on each breast. Find out what to look for and how to do it right with this step-by-step lesson from Dr. Oz and Dr. Donnica Moore.
Cancer Survivor Sheila joins Dr Oz today. Sheila had undergone a double mastectomy, after finding a lump in her breast, and says that if she would have taken the time to do a self breast exam 6 months to a year earlier she would have found it.
The Basic Breast-Exam
Step 1: Examine breasts in mirror for visual changes in the size and color of the breasts, particularly in the nipple area and the skin.
Step 2: Lay down with one hand above your head. With the other hand, start the exam all the way up by the collarbone and work your way over to the armpit. Move toward the nipple in an outward concentric pattern, using the pads of your 3 middle fingers. Repeat on the other breast.
Step 3: Lumps won’t feel perfectly round or smooth. They will feel irregular, hard and not moveable. Note any lumps and talk to your doctor.
Step 4: Gently, with your thumb and forefinger, check for nipple discharge by applying pressure at the 9-3 and 12-6 clock positions.
Dr Donnica Moore stresses the fact that you are to spend eight minutes on each breast, and to do it 5 days after your period, and menopausal women to do a breast exam the first of every month.
Watch The Dr Oz Video How To Do A Self Breast Exam
Prepackaged Foods DetoxGoing package-free for 28 days; you won’t consume any premade meals or snacks. Instead, Dr. Oz will show you how to prepare easy and economical meals from nutritional whole foods.
Marie, single Mom of 3 who has done the Dr oz 28 Day Prepackaged Detox says she feels great now. She has gone from 85% prepackaged foods to 0%. She cooks in volume now and prepackages her own veggies, chicken etc., and cut her calories in half by doing so.
Marie went back to the truth tube, and has lost 13 lbs. and 3 inches off her waist since giving up packaged foods.
Her weight was 236 now 223 pounds.
Her waist was 45 now it's 42
Week 1: Shop the Perimeters - When you shop the outer perimeter of the store you are in the safe zone. you’ll keep the frozen and packaged foods out of your cart and out of your pantry. The perimeter of your grocery store is where the whole foods and produce live.
Week 2: The “Whole” New Meal Plan - make whole food alternatives of your favorite meals. Try these healthy, whole food recipes.
Week 3: Go Naked - restock your freezer with “naked,” pure frozen foods like berries, (which can be tasty in a breakfast smoothie like Dr. Oz’s Magical Breakfast Blaster) vegetables and whole grain breads found in your grocer’s freezer.
Week 4: The Re-Freeze - you’re now allowed one frozen meal per week. However, they must adhere to Dr. Oz’s Frozen Food Guidelines:
No more than 350 calories
Only 4 grams or less of saturated fats
Cannot exceed 800 milligrams of sodium
Must contain at least 3-5 grams of fiber
Additionally, pair your frozen dinner with a green leafy salad or fresh fruit to help stay full.
Dr Oz Ear Wax FactsProtect your hearing and practice healthy hygiene with this Dr. Oz-approved alternative method to clean your ears, and get the wax out. Dr Oz says the way most people clean their ears is hazardous to your health.
Ear wax is normal; it's made from dead skin, sweat and oils which make it ear wax. Ear wax is good for you, the purpose of ear wax is they trap things flying, like bugs bacteria, the wax traps it. But excess ear wax can cause infections. It can trap water, and water makes a moist environment for bacteria to grow.
The right way to get wax out - 3 times a week take a little bit of baby oil(3 drops) leave your head tilted about a minute, then stand straight and the oil will push the wax out. Use nothing larger than your finger to get the wax out.
The wrong way is by using a Q-tip to get wax out of your ears. By putting the Q tip in you are just pushing the wax up to the ear drum, plus the chance of the Q tip going in too far and busting the ear drum.